The competition in the business world is so fierce that you can’t afford to rely on the down and out equipment. In order to grow, companies have to frequently embrace the latest technology. This is exactly why, of late, NetSuite has become a buzz-word in the business fraternity.
Considering the widespread benefits of NetSuite implementation, every organization is going out of its way to switch to this awesome software.
Having said that, for any business, replacing an old system with a new one is not always a walk in the park. So while installing NetSuite, you can’t go wrong with its execution. Otherwise, your business operations will lose track.
You need to be well-versed about the following key points for the successful implementation of NetSuite:
- Involve all team members
The first pre-requisite of turning a project into a success story is the coherence among workers. The same stands true for the implementation of NetSuite. At times, companies only take their top hierarchy onboard. As a result, they miss out on the critical insight from the majority of the team members. The result is an obvious one; you counter a series of errors after installation.
You should avoid committing this mistake. Take as many employees in the loop as possible and make sure everyone remains in constant touch throughout the process. To give you a better idea, the following people should be an indispensable part of your team:
- IT experts: The IT team needs to be involved in the ERP project right from the word goes. By sharing the space with the implementation partner, the IT experts will prove to an asset for maintaining the whole project after its completion.
- Executive: Installing process can take longer if you don’t hook up with an executive. His presence will ensure that decisions are taken in a timely manner. If your company happens to be a giant one, a single executive might prove to be inadequate. To speed up the process, you can divide this role between multiple people.
- Accounting and finance department: A negligible error in the finances can make everything tops’ and truly. The input of finance and accounting officials will ensure that the system is free from even a miniature loophole.
Again, deepening on the scale of your company, you can collaborate with other representatives as well.
- Choose an implementation methodology
There are two ways to implement NetSuite; either you can hire an implementation partner or indulge in self-implementation. Let’s explore both these alternatives so that you can eventually find out which is better than the other:
i). Self-implementation: By adopting this pattern, you will have to provide training to the internal team. As soon as the training is over, they will get on with the project. However, not having reasonable experience in the tank, you can’t expect perfect execution from the newly trained lot. Not to mention the sweeping budget you will have to sanction for the purpose of training.
Typically, people opt for self-implementation to save costs. However, more often than not, this process drains money like anything. Moreover, since so many employees will be engaged in the implementation of NetSuite that your company’s overall performance may come crashing down.
ii). Hiring an implementation partner: An implementation partner makes life easier in so many ways. For example, you will never be caught napping in the face of an unanticipated problem. The NetSuite providers have all the resources and understanding to deal with every on-site issue. As NetSuite services have begun to gain popularity, their costs are now well within the reach of small businesses.
Arguably, the biggest advantage is that your implementation partner would be willing to collaborate with your in-house team. That way, they will get training and earn some experience as well.
- Take proper measures before data migration
The transfer of data is the most crucial stage. So you have to be extra careful before proceeding with it. If it has been a long time since you last cleaned your data, you will have to perform a comprehensive cleanup. If not, all the existing errors will travel to your new system only to hamper its efficiency.
You can sort files and shift them in a breeze by subscribing to the following instructions:
- If your company has been around for decades, you must have accumulated a lot of client history over the course of time. If not all, a sizeable portion of old records would have outlived their utility. You must use another source for the backup of such data. It will ensure the smooth and painless data migration to NetSuite.
- Perform data tests before complete migration. You will come to terms with potential errors beforehand and can fix them to avoid future delays.
- Let your NetSuite partner know your business needs
Signing a contract with a top-notch NetSuite provider is not enough. You have to convey your needs and goals to them as well. Take your time and document everything single detail you want to avail through NetSuite.
It is quite probable that might undermine the capacity of the software. To give you a better idea, you can optimize HR, supply chain, marketing, inventory, and many other business operations with NetSuite. Furthermore, you may also seek guidance from your service provider. Once you are well-equipped with the mighty supremacy of NetSuite, it will be easier for you to map out your objectives.
- Testing and training
Before going live, you should make it a point to test the newly installed system. The reason being, it is not an uncommon occurrence for NetSuite to crash as soon as it takes flight to go live. Needless to say, testing will expose the potential errors of the software and you will have an ample chance to rectify them in time.
The job is not over even after you have won the installation game. You need to train employees to maximize their efficiency. The training can be given by the heads of respective departments but it would be a rather makeshift way. Hiring a professional trainer is by far a better option because, being in the field of training, he can easily interpret the employees’ hurdles and address them properly.
Screwing up the installation of NetSuite is a commonplace problem. Going by well-documented numbers, as many as about 60 percent of the ERP projects lead to failure. More than anything else, it is the first step where many companies go wrong and the project that was supposed to become an asset turns into a liability. Understanding the above-mentioned basics will guarantee a fool-proof implementation of NetSuite.